Thursday 24 February 2011

The Subject Of Young Love ... 12th May 2010

The SUBJECT of young LOVE ... Written by Zoleka Mandela for 2010.

Can't we go back to HIGHSCHOOL just so we can do this all over again ...

First period, we were in AFRIKAANS you whispered, "Ek is lief vir jou." in my ear when the teacher wasn't looking.
It was in ENGLISH where you professed your love for me as Romeo did for Juliet. I'd let you Capulet my Verona in due time.
In GEOGRAPHY, your hands found themselves underneathe my skirt, I pushed your hands away, smiled and asked you what you knew of the Ozone Layer?
It was only in BIOLOGY, where we burnt calories in just kissing. I wanted to learn more about condensation.
In HISTORY, we shared our past and kept just a little distance. You became the ruler of my world.
It was in PHYSICAL EDUCATION where we got closer again, I sat on your back whilst you did push ups. You told me you were getting ready to fight the world for me.
In ART, I doodled our names on each page of my journal and entertained the idea of body chocolate paint or letting you do my potrait.
It was in MATHEMATICS, that we were going to go higher grade on our love. Me + You = Love.
Last period and we're in SCIENCE, the hypothesis would remain ... keeping this up may lead to 4th base.
School is now over and it's time to for our extramural ... Let's skip dribbling balls and sign up for baseball, you'll be on my team if you know how to hold your bat ...

No comments:

Post a Comment