Thursday 24 February 2011

Put A Move On My Love ... 13 May 2010

"Put a move on my love ..." - Written by Zoleka Mandela for 2010.

I sat in a chair pretending not to realize that half of the women in the room had now been led to the dancefloor.
Instead, my eyes swept from one corner to the next whilst I sipped on my last cocktail.
I bit into my cherry and took another sip of my glass, grabbed my purse and fixed my dress.
I let out a sigh and checked if I hadn't left anything else behind.
"I think you're forgetting me." said a voice,
"Are you leaving already?" he asked me.
I turned around and before I could utter a word, he held my hand and with his other, placed my belongings on the table.
"I've been watching you from across the room, I've been waiting all night to ask you for just one dance?" he brushed the hairs of his chin and said, "I was kinda hoping you would save the best for last?"
He led me to the dancefloor, gave me a smile and said, "I want to glide on this cloud with you."
He pulled me closer towards him and held my waist so tightly, I could've burst.
I place my arms around his neck and we slow danced cheeck to cheeck.
I could smell his cologne on his collar, it complimented his aftershave.
My body followed his lead and my heart beat inbetween his.
And as we swayed and moved to the music, I felt my body more at ease.
I held him tightly, hoping that holding him even tighter would make the music last even longer.
I closed my eyes and he his, this song would forever remain ours.
"It would kill me if I didn't tell you that you felt even better than I thought you would," he said.
He kissed my forehead and brushed his finger across my lips.
I opened my eyes and we were the only ones dancing, dancing to our song.
"I have to leave, it's getting late." I told him.
He held me once again, held my chin and looked at me, "I wish you would stay just a little longer? He whispered.
I freed myself from his embrace, looked back and told him, Thank you for my dance."
Although we may never see each other again ...
I had taken all of this man in, what he felt like, what he smelled like, what he sounded like ...
And for just those few minutes, this man was mine ... And I, all his woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment