Thursday 24 February 2011

My Timeless Love ... 21 May 2010

"My timeless love ..." - Written by Zoleka Mandela.

He finally called me, I almost fell of my chair when I heard him on the other end of my phone.
It took him long enough to call me.
"Hey, beautiful." he said.
"I've been away on business for a week, I should have called."
"Give me two seconds, I'll be back in a second," I say.
I fan my face with my hand.
"Oh, my God," I whispered to myself so that he could not hear me.
Okay, let me compose myself.
"Sorry abou that, I thought I had another call," I lied.
"Listen, I would love to chat with you longer but I'll need to get back to work and speak to you later, you hear," he says.
Why did he call me in the first place?
What happened to having drinks or dinner?
Doorbell.
I should probably get it.
"I understand, I need to sort out a few things over here anyway," I say.
Damn.
"Is that your doorbell?" he says.
"What did you say?" I ask him.
I heard what he asked me, why did I just ask him that?
"There's someone at the door, babe," I say.
"Speak to you later, beautiful," he says and hangs up.
I rush downstairs.
"I'm coming, hold your horses," I say.
I don't feel like cooking today.
Chicken Korma, basmati rice for take out sounds great.
Maybe I should treat myself with fried nine oysters as a starter.
I open my fron door after adjusting my gown, I had taken off my clothes when I got home.
"May I help you?" I ask.
"Delivery for No. 143, Brettan Road," the delivery man says.
"Please sign here, Ma'am," he says.
Ma'am, do I really look that old?
He hands me a bouquet of sunflowers and the most prettiest box with a red ribbon.
"Is that for me?" I ask.
Rhetorical question.
"Yes ma'am, it is." he says.
Stop with the ma'am thing already!
I sign and give him the biggest smile.
"Thank you, kind sir," I say.
What a lousy English accent I have.
I place the box on my coffee table and stare at my flowers.
The card reads, "If only I coud have but a minute of your time, I'm hoping this will last a lifetime ..."
My heart melts just in two seconds.
I open the box, it took me a while.
It is so pretty I should take a picture and paint it later.
The card in the box reads, "You're the best part about coming back. Picking you up at 7pm. I can't wait to see you!
A dimond encrusted, white and gold watch enscribed, "For all the times you made me smile each TIME that I thought about you ..."
His mother has raised him well.
I start crying.
He's just made me so happy.
My mascara is not waterproof.
What times is it?
"I gotta get ready, he'll be here in two hours," I say to myself.
I put the sunflowers in water, grab the box and rush upstairs.
I would rather take a bath, I hate to have to shave amnd scrub in the shower.
Extra bubble bath, bath oil, bath salt, Kenny G in the background, incense, body scrub, my shaver and my facial products.
I took my TIME preparing myself for this man.
Once I was through with applying my make-up; straightening and curling my hair, I rushed to my bedroom to decide on what to wear.
My red and black teddy with my favourite pair of stilettos felt great.
This is killer.
I put on my black cocktail dress and squirt my perfume all over my hair and body.
Doorbell.
My heart is racing.
I grab my red pashmina and black clutch bag before heading out my bedroom door.
Doorbell again.
"I'll be there just now," I say.
I walk downstair, take one last look at my mirror near my staircase and open the door ...

No comments:

Post a Comment